Friday, May 30, 2008

Close Call




One of my biggest worries about living so close to the freeway was a reality soon after we moved in. One night I came home to find a lot of flashing lights coming from our house. When I pulled into the driveway I could see the lights were actually behind the house. When I walked in the backyard I realized a semi had made it's way to our back fence. Cynthia who was home didn't realize anything happened until I walked in and told her about it. We were so shocked that we took several pictures just to make sure we were seeing what we thought we were seeing. We also knew the kids wouldn't believe us with out the pictures. Apparently the driver was headed north and some how managed to cut through both lanes, the median and the 2 south bound lanes before it ended up in our backyard. Fortunately, there is a 6' deep trench that runs the length of the property for such an occassion. We were later told by UHP that the driver was drunk. At least now I know that a semi going freeway speed isn't going to end up in our yard

1 comment:

Janean said...

That would totally freak me out! One of your kids could have been there playing and killed them. Good thing they weren't.